d35z is intended to ensure protection of:
• Recloser and Load Break Switches
• Medium- and Low-Voltage Transformer
• Underground Cables
• Conductor and Insulator against direct and indirect lightning strikes, installed on Section- and Termination Poles.
The SAd35z installed in association with Metal-Oxide-Arrester provides the best possible protection for high and medium voltage substations.
1. Upper “ring” with EQ system integrated with a PPS load-bearing frame
2. Upper electrode
3. Air gap
4. Lower “ring” with EQ system integrated with a PPS load-bearing frame
5. Lower electrode with indicator
6. Attachment point
The Operational Principle is based on the EasyQuench Technology.
The SAd35z is composed of two discharge components and special attachment points for their mounting on overhead line fittings.
The variable length of electrodes makes the SAd35z adaptable to any type of insulator.
|Maximum system operating voltage (MSOV), kV||40.5|
|Maximum prospective follow current, kA||3.5|
|External air gap, mm||160 – 250|
|50% flashover voltage*, kV||250 - 350|
|Minimum withstand power frequency voltage*, kV|
|Lightning discharge capability (200 μs)**, C||2.4|
|High current impulse (4/10 μs), kA||65|
|UV resistance***, h||1000|
|Type of Test
|Standard Lightning Impulse Sparkover Test||STREAMER|
|Follow Current interrupting test||STREAMER|