Smart fault indicators by Streamer
Time is the essence when it comes to power lines repairs: the sooner repair crew finds fault section the faster outage will be solved. Understanding this, Streamer created advanced devices to detect short circuit failures or phase-to-earth faults in electric power distribution networks. We provide advanced portable devices, pole mounted and conductor mounted solutions.
How does Streamer’s fault passage detectors work?
After devices are being correctly positioned on poles or directly on conductors, system provides constant status monitoring.
- If passage fault happens, devices are used to track down the failure path. Fault is detected based on magnetic field imbalance. It’s fast, reliable and easy way to monitor line status without direct connection of the device to the line.
- All detectors on failure path are indicating incident, making it easy to follow the path until you find the damaged patch of the line.
- Devices are using GPRS data transmission, radio frequency or SMS to send alerts. If the line is long, it helps to find the problem.
- After repair team restores damaged patch, indicators will automatically switch off alarms and keep monitoring the network.
Using fault passage indicators, you can significantly reduce time of repair and time of outage and make your network more reliable.
Key features of fault indicators
Security solutions must be reliable, otherwise what is the point of implementation? So we created impressively reliable and durable device.
- An independent energy source. One battery installed into the device provides at least 10 years of constant operation.
- Dispatching made easy. GSM and radio channel data transmission allows to pass information straight to control panel.
- Customizable device. You can adjust response conditions of the device according to line parameters and your preferences.
- Bright LED alarm light makes failure path visible. It can be traced from the ground or from the air (using helicopter etc.)
- High sensitivity. Device can detect ground faults with current less than 1A.
- Easy to install. Fault indicators can be placed on the pole or on the conductor in several minutes.
Pole mounted and conductor mounted indicators
The cheapest way to equip overhead line with fault passage indicators is to install Streamer pole mounted system . It checks conductor magnetic field and detects imbalance, triggering the alarm.
More advanced solution is conductor mounted indicators Streamer Lodestar which in addition to fault alarm are capable to monitor voltage and current.
|portable / fix installed||portable||portable|
|position of installation||pole – on eye level||pole – on eye level|
|operating line voltage||6 kV-66kV||6 kV-66kV|
|min fault current||14 A||14 A|
|fault indication||red flag||red flag|
|fault sending||-||SMS sending|
|fault phase indication||-||-|
|fault direction indication||-||-|
|difference transient / permanent fault||-||-|
|connect to SCADA||-||-
|P360 A||P360 A ROSCO||P360 AC GSM||P360 AC GPRS|
|portable / fix installed||fix||fix||fix||fix|
|position of installation||pole – 3m below conductor||pole – 3m below conductor||pole – 3m below conductor||pole – 3m below conductor|
|operating line voltage||6 kV-66kV||6 kV-66kV||6 kV-66kV||6 kV-66kV|
|min fault current||12 A||12 A||12 A||12 A|
|fault sending||-||output||SMS sending||data sending via GPRS|
|fault phase indication||-||-||-||-|
|fault direction indication||-||-||-||-|
|difference transient / permanent fault||X||X||X||X|
|connect to SCADA||-||X||-||X|
|Lodestar CL25||Lodestar CL2||Lodestar CL0.5|
|portable / fix installed||fix||fix||fix|
|position of installation||conductor||conductor||conductor|
|operating line voltage||6 kV-70kV||6 kV-70kV||6 kV-70kV|
|min fault current||25 A||2 A||0.5 A|
|fault sending||-||data sending via GPRS / combox||data sending via GPRS / combox|
|fault phase indication||X||X||X|
|fault direction indication||-||-||X|
|difference transient / permanent fault||-||X||X|
|connect to SCADA||-||X||X
What we offer in addition to our products:
- impressive 10 years of FPI service;
- direct, over-the-counter price;
- manufacturer's warranty for 5 years;
- innovative technology;
- ultimate reliability.
How does fault indicator work?
- The detector should be placed on key places on the line.
- In case an accident happens, it measures a short failure all along of the fault path.
- Each detector, located on that path, indicates the accident. It becomes easy to find the failure just keeping to the path.
- The device can communicate by sending the information with SMS/GPRS. It helps to determine the failure section.
Main features of modern fault detecting devices
- high indication visibility, which is possible due to high-brightness LED or xenon light sources;
- failure information transmitting straight to the control station, using the GSM-connection and radio networks with data relaying;
- good selectivity: it is possible to adjust the device response conditions depending on specific line preferences;
- high accidental flowing sensitivity: the newest EFI detect earth faults with stream less than 1A.
Pole mounted and conductor mounted FCI range
When it is needed to fit out the line with FCI, pole mounted range is a cheap and easy solution.
The conductors’ magnet field is checked by the detectors. The magnetic field imbalance is detected by the fault indicator during a phase to ground or a phase to phase of the short.
In order to advance the equipment, the overhead line can provide the control point with the failure data, if the detectors’ range is installed in conductors.
The devices check the current stream and the linevoltage. These values vary a lot during a phase to phase or phase to ground fault. The direction and the faulty phase are located by the fault passage indicator.
* All Lodestar indicators are designed by A-TREE Research & Development Company Ltd.